Get your car checked this long weekend
With the Queen's Birthday long weekend coming up, lots of us are planning to take advantage of the extra day by heading away. But before you get out on the roads, it's a good time to do a quick car check to make sure your vehicle is in the best condition for long journeys.
Check out our top 10 car checks:
- Check your windscreen washer is topped up, this is especially important if you're driving on unfamiliar roads that could include gravel roads.
- Ensure your wiper blades are in good working order and replace if needed.
- Check your tyres (including your spare tyre), for wear and tear and check your tyre pressure. A handy hint - in newer models of cars you'll often find the recommended tyre pressure on a sticker inside of your driver's door when opened.
- Before going away it's always a good idea to check your car lights are all in working order and your lenses are clean. You may need a helper to check your rear lights.
- Check your engine oil level and top it up if needed.
- Double check your rego and WOF are valid.
- Pack a first aid kit for the car or if you already have a first aid kit check the expiry dates on all items as some items may need replacing. Handy hint did you know you can download first aid apps and an app to find your nearest defibrillator location, just search AED locations in your app store.
- If you're going to be towing a boat or caravan remember to double check all lights and indicators are operating correctly.
- Ensure you have everything you need for a smooth trip – your drinks, endless snacks for the kids and spare phone power packs!
- If you're going to need parking at your long weekend destination, head to Wilson Parking to look up the best parking options.
Wishing you a great long weekend.