The Auckland International Buskers Festival!
The Auckland International Buskers Festival is back this Anniversary weekend! If you’re staying in Auckland why not take the family to the Buskers Festival held in Auckland CBD. The festival is held over 4 days, starting on Friday and running through until Monday. Here you can see top international buskers with performances including fire breathing, magic shows, comedy shows, dance performances, acrobatics and many more energetic and amazing shows! The Buskers will be performing mainly around the viaduct and waterfront of Auckland’s CBD, at 4 festival sites where they’ll rotate between the sites over the 4 days. To view a map of the locations click here.
We’d recommend driving into the city for ease and convenience. For parking these are our closest spots to the festival sites.
Our best carparks for festival sites 1 &2:
- Princes Wharf
- Viaduct carpark
- Reo carpark (closes at 6pm)
- ANZ Centre (closes at 6pm)
- Swanson Towers (closes at 8pm)
- Farmers carpark (closes at midnight)
- SAP Tower (closes at 10pm)
Our best carparks for Festival sites 3 & 4:
- 36 Gaunt Street
- Captain Daldy
- 115 Fanshawe Street
Want some ideas of who to see? These are our top picks for the festival:
- For the show that has everything head to watch YIdor, Catalonia. He can dance, he can do acrobatics and magic all on his bicycle. This show is a great watch for all ages and lots of fun as YIdor will perform many highly skilled acrobatics and illusions!
- Watch ‘Just a cup of Tea’ by Compania Joca, from Germany for a fun and humous theatre show. This is more than just a cup of tea and shows the unusual relationship between two character who have very different views.
- For a group from round the world watch Floor Legendz, hailing from New Zealand, Portugal, Morocco and France this group will have you in awe with their gravity defying show! The moves include a mixture of break dancing, acrobatic and a little comedy thrown in and will be a great show to watch.
Some handy hints:
Download ParkMate for an easy way to pay for parking or log in if you haven’t used the app in while to check you can log in, you have the
right number plate loaded and you have a valid bank card registered.
Remember to pack water, suncream a hat for the hot summer days!
Allow extra time when finding parking as our carparks can be busy during events
If you have any issues when parking or need help in any of our sites, call our 24/7 support team ParkWatch on 093755056.