Auckland is full of amazing outdoor activities, but what do we do when mother nature isn't playing and it's pouring!
Here are our top things to do in Auckland CBD when you want to explore the city but avoid the rain:
- Visit Auckland Art Gallery – In the heart of the CBD, the Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki, has an extensive collection of national and international art. The gallery also hosts various exhibitions throughout the year, so it's always good to check their website for updates. Best of all the gallery has free entry for New Zealand residents.
- Head to an Escape Room – If you're after something to get your brain working and to work as a team (hopefully), then head to one of the many escape rooms around the city. These are a great way to test your skills to escape in the quickest time possible. Try Escape Masters, Escapade NZ or Great Escape all in the CBD.
- Odyssey Sensory Maze – this is a great date night idea or something to do with the kids. The maze will see you explore spaces with obstacles, challenges, illusions, lighting effects, scents, sound effects and strange sensations.
- Op shop – If you fancy a little shopping that won't break the bank, explore some of the op shops in Auckland's CBD. We'd recommend Recycle Boutique for designer deals on Darby Street and Tatty's on High Street.
- Tepid Baths – The Tepid Baths are an iconic part of Auckland's CBD history and are over 100 years old! The centre has two pools as well as steam and sauna facilities. Making it the perfect place to escape for an hour or two.
- Meet for brunch or lunch in one of the CBD's amazing restaurants – the city has so many great eating areas from Wynyard Quarter to Commercial Bay food court.
- Don't forget if you are venturing into the city at Wilson Parking, we have carparks across the city getting you closer to where you want to go. To view our carparking locations visit our website here.