Nine Things to do when Parking at Princes Wharf
Nine things to do to make the most of your parking at Princes Wharf
Looking for things to do to fill your time and make the most of your prime parking at Princes Wharf? Look no further, Wilson has you covered with the best shopping locations, eateries, family activities and more.
With it being central to all the great things ‘Auckland based’, here are our top tips for enjoying a whole day in Auckland’s CBD when parking at Princes Wharf.
Along with the great location, Princes Wharf has some of the best parking rates in the area and the flexibility to start and stop your session on the ParkMate app as you want. Whether you need handy parking on nights, weekends, casual stays, or a place to park your car overnight, Wilson has got you covered with Princes Wharf being the prime location to do so.
Here are Wilson’s 9 things to make the most of your parking at Princes Wharf:
- First up, visit the Maritime Museum and explore the many great stories on offer through guided tours outlining New Zealand’s rich history into migration to the America’s Cup, or better yet, tailor your own tour around interests of value to you.
- Next, take a short stroll down to Auckland’s Fish Market to hook the ‘catch of the day’ while getting in amongst the live music on weekends 1-4PM.
- Shop till you drop at Precinct’s Commercial Bay shopping complex and keep up with the latest fashion trends on offer. And don’t worry about lugging your shopping bags everywhere with you, just drop them back at the car across the road when you are done.
- Take the kids to Silo Park in Wynyard Quarter to burn some energy and run around or climb up the gantry to catch a 360-degree panorama showcasing the Sky Tower, Auckland Harbour Bridge and North Head. Or plan a family night and check out movie times for what’s on at the famous Silo Cinema.
- Looking for somewhere to cool off in the middle of town? With only a 5 min walk away from Princes Wharf, Tepid Baths is a great place to do so with the whole family, and even better, you won’t be trapsing sand back with you.
- Check out what’s on offer at the ASB Waterfront Theatre – there’s surely something to spark all interests.
- Looking to make a day of it? Waiheke Island – (45 min ferry) think wine, top-notch food, and amazing views at the best wineries in the sun. Or take a step back in time and visit one of the Northshore’s historic locations – Devonport (12 min ferry ride). Either way, parking at Princes Wharf is the best location to do so as it’s a hop skip and a jump to the ferry terminal.
- Alternatively, soak up the summer days by taking up the opportunity to “sea” some wildlife whilst sailing on a catamaran around the Hauraki Harbour with a unique tour hosted by Auckland’s Whale & Dolphin Boat Cruise, departing from downtown Auckland daily.
- Dinner - if you are looking to enjoy a gourmet meal come night-time, look no further, as the Viaduct Harbour has some of Auckland’s best places to indulge in whilst taking in the views of the Auckland harbour. Park overnight, and enjoy a late parking check out at Princes Wharf.